When to Consider Breast Reduction
A well-known proverb, “the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence,” can apply to many experiences in life. Women with smaller breasts, for instance, may undergo breast augmentation to increase their size. However, if you have overly large breasts that cause discomfort on a regular basis, smaller tends to sound more appealing. Our experienced plastic surgeon, Dr. James A. Matas, utilizes the latest breast reduction techniques at our state-of-the-art practice. He can help you achieve greater comfort and confidence in your daily life.
If you’re not sure whether you’re ready for a breast reduction, there are many factors you can consider to help you make a decision. First and foremost, you should discuss your goals with a board certified plastic surgeon who has extensive training in this procedure, like Dr. Matas. Additionally, breast reduction may be appropriate if you:
- Are over the age of 16 and have reached full breast development
- Experience back, neck, and/or shoulder pain due to the heaviness of your breasts
- Have deep grooves or skin irritation on your neck and back where your bra digs into your skin
- Feel self-conscious about the size of your breasts
- Avoid certain activities such as sports or exercise because of the size of your breasts
- Find it difficult to buy clothing that fits and flatters your body
Surgery is a big step, but no one should have to feel uncomfortable in her own body. Dr. Matas will be happy to listen to your concerns, collaborate on a customized treatment plan, and answer any questions you may have. Breast reduction isn’t for everyone, and he can let you know if you make an ideal candidate.
For more information about breast reduction and Dr. Matas’s experience, please contact us today. Our friendly and knowledgeable team can answer your questions and help you schedule a consultation.